The technician is ultimately responsible for maintaining service operations by inspecting, maintaining, and repairing cars and trucks on site and or mobile. The Technician is to be focused on achieving the daily objectives and delivering the end results expected from management.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters. Body repair and paint.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Adheres to all ISO and Fenkell Policies.
- Any additional Auto / Truck and Trailer related tasks that may be asked by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates an extreme attention to detail
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets general repair orders.
- Ability to write, present and respond to customers and staff members in a professional manner
- Ability to compute basic math equation
- Operation of all maintenance and diagnostic machines, racks and or tools.
- Ability to operate the high-low safely.
- Ability to work proficiently and efficiently in a timely matter.
THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT REPLACE ALL FENKELL POLICIES – PLEASE REFER TO YOUR EMPLOYEE POLICY MANUAL FOR FENKELL EMPLOYEE POLICIES.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Lift objects weighing between 25 – 50 pounds
- Safely work with team to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Stand, walk or sit for long periods of time without resting (up to 5 hours)
- Work in areas that require kneeling, crouching, or crawling and outdoors
- Safety Glasses & Closed Toed Shoes While in The Shop
THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT REPLACE ALL FENKELL POLICIES – NLEASE REFER TO YOUR EMPLOYEE POLICY MANUAL FOR FENKELL EMPLOYEE POLICIES.
Certifications and Minimum Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Candidates must have a valid driving license and clean driving record
- Shop management software, Identifix, Mitchells Pro & Truck Demand Preferred. (Auburn Hills Location)
- C.C.C, Vehi-Trac, Dealer Connect, Star Parts Software Preferred. (Body Shop)
- Member of Auto Glass Safety Council (Bonus)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following core competencies;
- Service Excellence – Provide the best, world class service; achieving excellence each passing day
- Integrity – Act with honesty and integrity without compromising the truth
- Teamwork – Support each other’s efforts, remain loyal to one another, and care for each other both personally and professionally
- Safety – Ensure the safety of people while making sure they have a trouble-free experience
- Commitment – Stay committed to great products, services and other initiatives that impact lives both within and outside the organization
- Efficiency – Be efficient and effective in our approach to providing the best products & solutions to our customers with each contact
- Accountability – Take responsibility for our actions that influence the lives of our customers and fellow workers
- Profit Growth for All – Every business needs to turn a profit to keep the company alive and healthy. Every employee needs to generate an income that allows them to meet their goals and objectives. We believe that our ability to deliver each competency at the highest level drives the financial results for everyone in the organization